You don't use use LILO specifically.  You have to have a BIOS in your computer
that will allow you to disable the IDE Boot and a BIOS on your SCSI card that
will allow for a boot device.   If memory serves me correctly (and I am getting
older) IDE takes precedence over SCSI even if both are set as boot deivces in
most computer BIOS.  This is not true of the big boys toys, like DEC, HP, SUN,
etc.  Without disabling the IDE boot the SCSI will not be looked.  As long as
LILO is on the primary boot device, be it IDE or SCSI you can boot any other
device from there given normal boot parameters, i.e., below 1024 cylinders.

Paul Anderson