I continue to be mystified as to why I cannot use ftp to connect to my
isp with Linux. I administer a couple of websites on the ISP's server
and therefore need to go to Windoz or Mac to connunicate. I continue to
get an error message and get a failed login message.

I have set up an account with the same user name as my account on the
server. Actually, the password is the same also. The ftp man page
mentions a .netrc file but I have no idea what is needed in this file.
Is this the answer? I

My proceedure:

ftp -v isp.com
or
ftp -n isp.com
or just
ftp
and at the prompt
open isp.com
I connect to the server OK and hit enter or enter my user name and it is
still OK but it won't accept my password at the prompt.

I am running RH 6.0. The isp system is Unix running wuftp.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Doug