I got this weird problem here.

When I connect to xmysqladmin everything works fine, but
when I connect to mysqlgui  I get the following message
can't connect to local MySQL server through socket /tmp/mysql.sock (111)

I can get in MySQL in root and user mode.
I did the following type of things to set my access:

mysql> INSERT INTO user VALUES('localhost','monty',PASSWORD('bigchese'),
>FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

As well as did mysqladmin -h localhost -u monty  password bigchese
and it worked fine.

How can I get mysqlgui to run properly ?
HELP !
Larry

                    M$ drools !