Just a report. It may benefit someone else. Clobberd
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/clobberd-util/) (Thanks Todd
A. Jacobs) is good resource manager. However, it does not do user memory
limitation (suchas resident, data, rss).

In SysAdmin, the journal for UNIX system adminitrators, September 2000,
Volume 9, Number 9, had an article on PAM.

What I had did was add the line:

session    required     /lib/security/pam_limits.so

to login and su in the /etc/pam.d directory. Then I edited:

/etc/security/limits.conf

and added the lines:

user           hard    data            30000
user           hard    rss             30000

(user can also be group)

This gave me some control over user activities. It is not fun to have to
go in and reboot my machine because a user ate up all the ram and swap
space.