From: Mike McNally [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 1:29 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: jobs, fg, awk, oh, my

Are you trying to write a script to foreground your "xemacs" session? If so
you're doomed to failure.  Write it as a bash function and stick in your
startup file (.bashrc?  I'm not a bash user).

Note that you can also do

  fg %xemacs

without having to start up any extra processes.

(Because its glance inspired the distance which separates the shortest path)
Mike McNally -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]