On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 02:52:52PM -0600, Mulcahy, Chris wrote:
| More than one way to do things.  I was trying to do it the difficult way.
| fg %xemacs works perfectly.  As a learning experience for me, why would it
| be doomed to failure in a script?

Because jobs are a notion of the shell. The shell running your script
(a distinct shell from your command prompt) has no jobs! You need to
put this in a shell function or an alias (ugh!) to have effect in your
_current_ shell.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

This is not a bug. It's just the way it works, and makes perfect sense.
        - Tom Christiansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I like that line. I hope my boss falls for it.
        - Chaim Frenkel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>