I am having the same problem.  I am trying to print to a hp printer with a
jetDirect card.

Here is the printcap created by the printtool in the control-panel

##PRINTTOOL3## DIRECT ljet4 600x600 letter {} LaserJet4 Default {}
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/acct:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

What dose not show up here is the ip address, which is correct or the
port.  Here I have tried 9100 and 515 and no port.

david