On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Can I connect to my machine from a remote location and use the X
> Windows (kde) interface, instead of telnet?  Say this might be from
> either Windows or MacOX 9/X.

It's very inefficient to do so. It can be done by running the X server
remotely (Exceed douments how to do this), but it is highly discouraged.
If you can't live with just the windows being forwarded, and you want the
whole session manager up and running, consider using VNC, which can be set
up to run KDE instead of the default TWM.

Please note that running KDE remotely, or even using VNC, will be
significantly slower than using a local window manager to handle remote X
clients.

--
Todd A. Jacobs
Senior Network Consultant