You should not have to manually load the module.

You should have
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
somewhere in your /etc/modules.conf

Any reference to the driver should cause it to be automagically loaded.

Lemme know.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ