On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Nitebirdz wrote:
I checked xinted.org and read that xinetd which is the replacement for
inetd in RH 7.0 can be compiled with support for hosts deny/allow.  Since
redhat has both files present I believe they have compiled the binaries
with this support.  You can also use tcpd by setting specific arguments in
the service conf files for xinetd.  Check out the faq at Xinetd.org and it
will further explain how to use the tcpd but you no longer need it.