On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Lou Spironello wrote:

> Sorry for the misleading example I gave.
> The snippit of code I included was a small test script which i used just to see
> if PHP is generating the appropriate info for the browser.
>
> The problem is that apache doesn't seem to execute the script bounded by the
> script delimiters <? and ?>.
>
> I used the exampled at devshed and it produced only the test which was generated
> by the HTML code i.e.
> only the following was displayed centered on the screen:
>
>                                         our first php3.0 script

Did you uncomment or add the following line to your httpd.conf line?  I've
forgotten to do this a few times myself, and then Apache reacts precisely
the way that you are describing.

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

Of course, you may need to replace php3 with simply php if you're running
PHP4 now.

Nitebirdz