-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Galpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, November 20, 2000 2:54 PM
Subject: 7.0 nfs install problem

>I'm quite sure I'm doing this correctly, and have tried several
>permutations of different values, but it isn't working for me.
>
>This machine (p90) has only 16mb of ram and no cdrom so I can't do an http
>or ft install)
>
>Details follow..
>
>On NFS server
>
>o mounted disk1 on /mnt/cdrom - verified it's mounted, and read contents
>(like /mnt/cdrom/RedHat)
>o added line to /etc/exports

As I understand it, you need to have the contents of both cd's in a
directory together to do an nfs install.  There's a link on redhat's website
that talks about that.  I think the 7.0 installation book talks about it
too.  I had this problem when I downloaded the two cd images and tried a few
nfs installs myself.  I gave it up and did an ftp install at the time, and
found out about the solution later...  Hope this helps.

Jeff Hogg