On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, John N. Alegre wrote:

> An error occurred while sending mail.
> The mail server responded:
>    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ... Relaying denied
> Please check the message recipients and try again.
>
> Now when sending mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] from the machine running
> sendmail this address will work just fine.  What am I missing?  There must be
> some config file that tells sendmail to relay all mail from other IPs on this
> LAN just as it does for mail from that same machine.  What is it?

Hey John,

Put the IP address of the Mac in /etc/mail/ip_allow. You may have to HUP
sendmail to get it to see this change. This says to allow relaying from
Mac.

NOTE: If that file doesn't exist, then your setup is different from my
Redhat 6.x. I'm assuming you're using the stock sendmail that comes with
Redhat.

Good Luck,

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Programmer    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.