Bret Hughes wrote:

> I finally upgraded our internal mail server to RH6.2 with all updates.
> AFAICT everything is working except that messages in the mbox file in
> the users home directory are no longer visible to an imap client.  In
> netscape I ended up subscribing to mbox and dragging (moving) everything
> to Inbox.  This seems to have the effect of copying the messages to
> /var/spool/mail/username but nothing is being written to mbox anymore
> and var/spool/mail files are growing dramatically.
>
> This same behavior os present in outlook express on my partner's NT box
> but he has not moved the messages.  He can only see those in the
> /var/spool/mail file and the messages are not being moved to ~/mbox

I downgraded to the rpm that comes with the rh62 distro and all is back to
normal.  after connecting with an imap client all messages are moved to
/~mbox and /var/spool/mail/username files are empty.

Is anyone using the Imap-2000-2.6 from the updates/6.2 directory on redhat
mirrors?  I can't find anything on redhat's errata pages refering to the
resaon it is in the tree.

Any info appreciated.

Bret