Does this particular card have the capability (using it's own
hardware) for RAID5?  It should be done by the card (hardware
RAID) instead of Linux (Software RAID) because software RAID will
choke the PC's CPU(s).

One other queestion, does your particular version
of RH have a module for this Adaptec card?  I understand that the
chances are very likely that a module is available, but you
should still check (if you haven't) at www.redhat.com/hardware.

Just some more broad points,
LG

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Mark Basil wrote:

> I am planning on purchasing an Adaptec Ultra 160 Single Channel RAID
> controller.  Does anyone have any advise/pointers as to getting started with
> this.  Are there any issue that I should be aware of?  I've never used RAID
> before.  I going to be setting up 3 9.1 Seagate Barracuda drives on a RAID 0
> configuration.  All comments welcome.
>
> --Mark

-- Generated Signature --
Imitation is the sincerest form of