Ted Hilts wrote:

> Guys:
>
> I see this part of a note: " hope you have taken the trouble to get
> TrueType going. It makes a
> > big difference, especially with NS/Mozilla."
>
> Sometimes I feel like I'm going blind with the font display I get under
> Netscape, even the newest version for Linux.  There are times I can't
> determine what character is being displayed.
>
> What would be the steps to installing this "TrueType" font(s).  And
> should they be installed as root?

Search for the font de-uglification howto you won't believe the difference it
makes.  It has been a while but I don't recall it being a big deal for RedHat
6.2.  The key is that the xfs font server as distributed with redhat has the
truetype support built in so no need to jump through too many hoops.  There
was a big ol' log hairy thread on this and it impact on netscape about six
mos. ago IIRC.  Microsoft will let you download a basic set of fonts, and I
believe that there is an rpm or two out there with some trutype fonts in it.
I think redhat 7.0 (or is it X ver 4.x ) has the trutype support built int
already.

Bret