upon further investigation i found this link also that might help you..

http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

eric

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yusuf Goolamabbas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 12:42 AM
Subject: [RHL] Anybody got Microsoft Intellimouse to work with RH 7.0

Hi, I installed a RH 7.0 machine alongwith Helix Gnome. I checked
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and it has the following

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        # Modified by mouseconfig
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
EndSection

I also have appropiate mods to .Xdefaults to enable wheel mouse for
netscape as well as xterm. These worked in RH 6.2 and XFree86 3.3.x.
However, they don't seem to work in my current config.

Any input on this would be appreciated, Regards, Yusuf

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas