Dear friend,

Hi !

I beleive you will be in pink of health & in good mood.

I have recently installed the Red Hat LINUX 5.0 on my PC(Pentium/100-Mhz, 32-MB
Ram,1.2-GB HDD,DCS Sound Card, JVC-3,600 bps external Modem, SVGA Moniter, mouse etc.).

After reading the HTML document instructions in the CD-Mannual, in several attempts,
any how I colud install it and got to the root prompt. Aslo, I ran X-window program by
typing "startx" at command prompt.

My experience with the "Linux" was really 'Awfull' and painfull, it has given me too
much trouble. May be this is due to my lack of "Linux-awareness"/Unix-awareness.

I have not seen such a poor & scaled-down graphics in my life, I don't know why the
world is overwhelming with it, while it seems me much inferior as compared MS-Windows.
Its very complex rather difficult to configure devices on it, and connectivity to
internet is only for me, there is no softwae on it to install. whare to get it.

Please can any body tell me the following very basic things in a simple way:-

1. How to access floppy drives in linux ?
2. How to copy Win98 files to floppies like Win98 ?
3. How to read from CD-ROM drives ?
4. Is it possible to read DOS/Other files from Linux ?
5. How stablish Modem connectivity, simple way ?
6. Does it provide TCP/IP & PPP connectivity ?
7. Where to get the Int-Browser on Linux, if its fre ?
8. Soundcard not detected in Linux, its PnP in Win98 ?

Well, I a am loosing hope of using Linux, if it is a such a great "Headeache". Is
there any simplest Graphical-User-Interface in Linux awailable like Win98 or OS/2,
where configuriong & using devices is a fun.

Please respond my basic questions,
I will be thankfull to you & may obliged.

Suncerely Yours Linux Friend,
(Syed Mohammad Riyaz)