st> While the thread of email clients is alive... I switched about a year
st> ago from Rmail (built-in emacs mailer) to Netscape Communicator as an
st> email reader, for the reasons:
st> 1) Needed to look at attachments frequently (gifs, Mime etc.), and
st> wanted included URL's automatically would show up on Navigator window.
st> 2) Connect to our company's imap4 server to retrieve email.
st> 3) Send outgoing mail through our smtp server.

st> However, a few Netscape versions ago (4.73+ ?) the personal address book
st> stopped working, and I am now looking for an alternative mail reader
st> that connects to smtp, imap4 and ldap servers, handles common attachment
st> types (automatic spawning of external viewers is fine) and has an
st> address book that works. And it would also be nice if my existing mail
st> files could be converted to be read by it.

st> It does not have to be free.

st> Any suggestions?

How about going back to Emacs or XEmacs and use VM ?

For the users manual check out:
http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/user-manual/
or FAQ:
http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/FAQ.html

--
Ray Curtis         Unix Programmer/Consultant   Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://www.clark.net/pub/ray