Ray Curtis wrote:

> st> While the thread of email clients is alive... I switched about a year
> st> ago from Rmail (built-in emacs mailer) to Netscape Communicator as an
> st> email reader, for the reasons:
> st> 1) Needed to look at attachments frequently (gifs, Mime etc.), and
> st> wanted included URL's automatically would show up on Navigator window.
> st> 2) Connect to our company's imap4 server to retrieve email.
> st> 3) Send outgoing mail through our smtp server.
>
> st> However, a few Netscape versions ago (4.73+ ?) the personal address book
> st> stopped working, and I am now looking for an alternative mail reader
> st> that connects to smtp, imap4 and ldap servers, handles common attachment
> st> types (automatic spawning of external viewers is fine) and has an
> st> address book that works. And it would also be nice if my existing mail
> st> files could be converted to be read by it.
>
> st> It does not have to be free.
>
> st> Any suggestions?
>
> How about going back to Emacs or XEmacs and use VM ?

Or fix the address book.  Mine works ok.  Found this in the archives at
www.moongroup.com.  Thanks Chuck :)

On 10 Sep 2000  16:58 ktb wrote:
>When I'm composing an email and select an address out of my address book
>and select 'OK it kills browser and mail client.

I had this problem within the last few weeks. Apparently the archive is a
little behind, because I got the solution on this list.

Anyway, open your two ~/.netscape/*.js files and delete the lines that
contain "locale".

Tony

HTH

Bret