Hi Tom,

> Actually I did try VMware.  After that I went back to dual boot.  I found
> VMware too slow, even on an AMD 600 with 256Meg RAM.  When Win4Lin came
> along I tried that, and was impressed, no significant performance
> degradation.

Like I said Win4Lin would be fine if you don't want the extra features that
VMware provides *grin*
I also wanted to test Kernel upgrades etc so I needed VMware for that too
rather than Win4Lin.

> I am currently running dual boot (NT4.0/RH6.2) on a Toshiba Portege' with
> 94Mbytes RAM (max it will support).  I will try Win4Lin on the Notebook as
> well.  If it works there, I'm sold.

What notebook model is that?  I have a Toshiba Portege 610 notebook I picked
up second hand and was thinking of installing Red Hat onto it.

--
Regards,