I have rp7 on one of my systems.  If rp8 is like rp7, then it will include a script
which moves a couple of files into ~/.netscape/plugins.  You need these files for
Netscape automatically play real audio.

On my system, the script is /usr/lib/RealPlayer7/pluginstall.sh.  You run the script
as a user, not root.  You should also be able to do this manually -- for rp7, the
files are rpnp.so and raclass.zip, and they're located in /usr/lib/RealPlayer7/.

There should be some documentation installed by the rpm which explains how to do this.

--
Larry Grover, PhD
Assoc Prof of Physiology

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:40:03 -0500, Michael McLeod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I downloaded:  rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs1_rpm.html  From Real Audio and

                                            ^^^^^^^^
Is this a typo? You downloaded the *.rpm, right? not the html page?