George Trapkov wrote:

> It's not a WinModem. I can see it under PCI devices. I
> looked at the list and it is not listed as WinModem.
> When I start printtool and try to test the printer it
> is looking for lpr. Where do I find this package?
> George

What list are we talking about here? A quick search of

http://www.kcdata.com/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

shows only WinModem Motorola PCI modems.

There are a couple of ways of determining what you have. Read the FCC
ID, which should be on a label on the board somewhere. Then search for
it on the list on gromitkc. Or determine the PCI vendor and device ID by
typing "more /proc/pci" (I assume this still works on RH 7). Then look
it up on

http://www.yourvote.com/pci/pciread.asp?sort=venid

Duane