hb> On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 12:23:21PM -0600, Uncle Meat wrote:

>> Amazing. I get reminders every month like clockwork. From this list, the
>> install list and the announce list.

hb> Let me count my lists: redhat, guinness, zoot, hedwig, watch, announce,
hb> redhat-devel, linux-security (hosted by RH), and narry any such mail.
hb> Perhaps this is a mailman configuration option? But since I don't have
hb> password available for most of these, I can't turn that option on (if
hb> it exists).

    I am surprised after this long thread that no one has offered the
info that with Mailman the option of sending out monthly password
reminders is only available to the list adminisrator.
    It is his decision whether to burdon his mail system with these
monthly reminders, so if it was turned on I suspect there would
be just as many asking why all these monthly messages for each list
reminding them of their passwords etc.

--
Ray Curtis         Unix Programmer/Consultant   Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://www.clark.net/pub/ray