Bret Hughes wrote:

> I have not really looked at the subneting but are you sure your isp is sending
> packets to you router, or are they merely sending them in that direction from
> theirs?  I believe they need to know that all packets destined for your

I believe this is the problem, yes. My actual situation is this:

HDSL

CISCO
eth0

eth0
Linux
eth1

DMZ

The CISCO router's eth0 is in the net xxx.xx.xxx.128/255.255.255.128. Now,
when I divided that net into three parts and tried to put my Linux box to use
those nets my Linux's eth0 isn't in the same net with the CISCO's eth0
anymore, right?

So I should contact my ISP and ask them to change the CISCO's eth0 net to the
same one my Linux is using.

But I still wonder why I could use the network from the Linux router even when
it was in the wrong network? That I find odd...

Peter