Hello, I'd like to be able to create a firewall rule that would drop all
packets coming to my Linux box from the home.net network if they are trying
to open a port below say, 500.

My reason for this being that for the past year, I've ran my own IMAP mail
server on my DSL and I've loved it.  There's nothing more beautiful than
having procmail sort all your email on the server instead of having to use a
client to sort.  Unfortunately, the DSL is insanely expensive, so I need to
move my server over to my cable modem and cancel the DSL.  I've noticed that
@home portscans pretty regularly, so I need to be discreet about my mail
server.

I'm pretty sure that you can create some sort of rule with ipchains to
become invisible to @home and if anyone can help me out or help me help
myself, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Halcyon