Okay,
  Seems like we have two threads going under one subject header.  Anyway,
I have recompiled 2.2.16-22 and now have a scsi cdrw reported and made a link
between /dev/cdrom and /dev/sr0.  I can mount the cdrom.  No module dependency
errors are noted at boot.

  However, when I try to start xcdroast 0.98.1 [which used to work on this
machine before the upgrade] it tells me that the cdrom does not exist and dumps
the core.  I removed the rpm, rebooted and reinstalled from a newly downloaded
rpm from rpmfind.net.  I get the same error.

  Does anyone else have this problem with xcdroast?  Any ideas of where to go.
I have looked at the documentation in /usr/share/xcdroast and it does not help
me much.

TIA

Bob