you're still not adressing my question, so i'm assuming you don't know,
and that's fine.  i'm not really looking for recommendations.  i'm looking
for an answer as to whether that's the patch to prevent this vulnerability
or not.  i'm not concerned with the worm's date/banner checking thing, i'm
concerned about the vulnerability itself.  i'm fully aware of general
upgrade vs non-upgrade issues and redhat's issues overall.  heh.

not trying to be antagonistic, just trying to get the info about that
patch vs the vulnerability.

-tcl.