From: Michael R. Jinks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 4:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Groupware anybody?

Howdy.  A couple of days ago my CEO looked up and said, "Y'know, I kinda
miss Outlook."

*gulp*

I've looked at PHPGroupware; it flat out doesn't work, and the
documentation is nonexistent.  Ximian Evolution and the KDE equivalent
aren't ready yet.  StarOffice is sort of okay, but their calendar server
appears to be orphaned.  Netscape Calendar Servers are in limbo, cost
too much, and last I checked didn't work anyhow.  Notes costs too much
and isn't much more standards-compliant than Microsoft stuff.

So once again I pose the question: Is there, somewhere, a server
platform for sharing files and scheduling information, which will run on
Linux and support cross-platform clients?

--
Michael Jinks, IB // Technical Entity // Saecos Corporation
"Trouble ensues."