Steve Lee wrote:

> check the logs and tell us what happend.
>
> when you use cp
> the option
>
> -af would preserve everything permission ownership.

I don't have access to the site to get the logs and it would be nice to
have a plan for proceeding before I take the steps necessary to get
access. I did NOT use the -af when I did the cp and I am fairly sure
that is the cause of my problems. Samba file sharing works perfectly,
local printing to the affected printers works perfectly, I just can't
print via Samba. In the troubleshooting section of the O'Reilly book on
Samba it says that incorrect ownership of the spool directories is a
common problem but it fails to mention what the correct ownership should
be. Although I am not new to Linux I am new to Samba administration on a
network with multiple network printers, in responding to an inherited
problem I made a silly mistake and I would like to fix the consequences
of that mistake. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Traci Collins
http://www.rof.net/wp/tcollins/traci.html