There was a discussion a while back about a ftp like interface that did
secure transfers.  I tried to find the thread in the archives but did
not find what I remembered.  So... a bit of searching and reading
resulted on my finding secpanel.  It is a tkl based GUI interface for
scp using as near as I can figure all the ssh suite of tools to provide
a pretty slick ftp-like interface.  It provides bonuses too.  key
distribution, generating keys, ssh-agent stuff too.   I just used it to
get some stuff from a machine that I was not sure of the file names I
wanted and after about 3 minutes had it configured and wa downloading
the file.  Click on a directory and viola recursive scp of the entire
tree.

it appears to use ssh to login and do the directory listings and then
scp to transfer the files.  Very slick.

Give it a try it appears to be in beta right now but so far I have had
no problems,  Bit then I have only been using it for about 30 minutes:)
YMMV.

zero documentation but decent gui so not too much needed I guess. At
least I got it working.

Just thought I would share the wealth.

RPMs availible (that is what I DLed

Found it at:  http://www2.wiwi.uni-marburg.de/~leich/soft/secpanel/

BTW it is listed on the freessh.org stie as a (the) unix client.  What
about ssh and scp you ask?  beats me go figure.  I guess if it ain't got
a gui it ain't a client :?

Huh, noW that I look around at www.freessh.org I see no mention of
openssh.  WUWT (what's up with that)?

Bret