By any chance,does he uncheck the option "leave messages on server" anytime when
downloading mail?
In that case,he'll get all his previous mails marked as unread.You can say, a
repaet of all the mails he has recd. so far.
Never tried the "delete messages from server" anytime.So,can't help you on that.
I myself had such a problem with one of my users.And what Brian says is right.Even
i had to do the same.Don't remember,though,whether the mail client was Outlook or
Netscape at that time.Anyways,this method is a sure shot.

By the way,can you tell me how the "delete messages from server" option work?In
netscape,i don't see a setting for no. of days.Only an option saying "When deleting
messages locally,delete them from the server".
Can you enlighten me on this?
Thanks.

Vineeta