This is rather odd...

I was @ college, had a nice little RH7 server, which worked well.
I graduated (yay) and went home. BTW I still need a job. :)
Anyway, I networked my parents' house, with a coyote linux box as a
firewall... I figured this would be the easiest for them to maintain when
I left. Anyway, the internal network is 192.168.///
Since attaching my server, and configuring for this network, I've seen
some VERY bad latency when telnetting to it (rare, but needed to test),
ssh, and samba shares.

I can ssh, and it will immediately prompt for login/pw...
But once entered, it can take up to 4 minutes to yield a shell prompt.
This does not happen at the console, leading me to believe it's network
related, since this was not an issue on the other network.

Samba shares experience similar delays when a computer first browses to
the server. Once it's requested a few things, it seems to work fine.

Any ideas what I might have missed, or what might be going on here? I wish
I had more info...

thx
Joe

Thanks