If it gets as far as trying to go into graphics mode, processor support
_probably_ isn't your problem.  Can't say for sure, don't have access to
a PII+2, ;-) but I'd bet on video card problems.

What happens if you try a text-mode install?

--
Michael Jinks, IB // Technical Entity // Saecos Corporation