I am trying! :)  My question (2) was about an error I was encountering when
trying to run make menuconfig in an attempt to compile the kernel!

Anyways, I figured out why make menuconfig was bombing, I did not have the
ncurses-devel RPM installed.  Now that I got it installed, make menuconfig
is running.  I will see now what adventures I have in trying to configure,
compile, and install the new kernel!

--Moby