On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:45:52 Neil Hollow wrote:
>Does anyone know how to configure a printer in staroffice 6?  If I try
>anything from the file menu with "print" in it I get a- cannot find printer
>message please set one up.  Don't ask me to read the help since nothing
>happens with that menu at all.  I wondered whether I could save the file as
>excel and copy the file to the "other operating system" partition then print
>but SO crashes out!  While we're on the subject of SO how do I run it not as
>root (yes this old chestnut again). I know this isn't a SO forum but......

You have to install it in a world-readable directory using the "/net" option. I
installed it in /opt/soffice (my /opt is a link to /usr/local/opt). Then the first
time you run it as a user it will install the user-specific files in ~/StarOffice/.
The second time you run it as a normal user, it will run as expected.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D