Hi,

sorry if this should end up here twice, but I thought I was on this
list and then I accidentally wasn't.

I have several linux servers, which have been acting as samba servers
for Windows clients successfully for some time. Now I need to get some
linux clients into the same network, preferably using the samba
server, too. I lack a proper concept of handling users' logins in such
an environment, taking into account the fact that everyone could
decide to log on to the console one day, gnome the next and kde after
that. How do you handle that? Or will I have to set up another file
service for this? Would there be an alternative to nfs in that case?
Thanks for any help!

MfG,
Oliver Sturm

--
Mouse: An advanced input device to make computer errors easier to generate.
--

Key ID: 71D86996
Fingerprint: 8085 5C52 60B8 EFBD DAD0  78B8 CE7F 38D7 71D8 6996