I am trying to upgrade a stock RH6.2 system to XFree86 4.0.1.  I got
the source rpms from rpmfind, and compiled it.  I have all dependcies
satisfied, except for one.  XFree86-xfs-4.0.1 depends on a newer
initscripts package.  I figure that the startup script for xfs must
have changed.  I don't want to upgrade the initscripts package because
it will probably not work with a 6.2 system.  Also, initscripts
doesn't provide /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs.  From the previous X server, the
startup script was provided by XFree86-xfs-3.3.6.  Where can I find
the proper xfs startup script?

BTW, This system has an ATI Rage 128 Pro video card, and doesn't work
with XFree 3.3.6, which is why I want to upgrade to 4.0

Thanks for the help,

-D

(please cc responses to me as the MailFollowupTo header requests, I'm
not subscribed to the list).