There is a time-out value after which the telnet session expires.Not too
sure where you could find the settings.Could be that..??
Regarding you not being able to connect,then,have you checked out the logs?

Is it exceeding the no. of logins allowed at one point of time..?

Let's see the logs to be able to identify where the problem is.

Cheers,
Vineeta