The timeout for TCP keep-alives messages can be found in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time

To disable it for telnet, see man telnetd:
-n     Disable TCP keep-alives. Normally telnetd enables the TCP
       keep-alive mechanism to probe connections that have been
       idle for some period of time to determine if the
       client is still there, so that idle connections from
       machines that have crashed or can no longer be reached may
       be cleaned up.

Regards,
Werner