Very weird happenings on my laptop.  I have mozilla installed and
displaying flash content fine in my home directory.  I have another
user, tester, that I use occasionally that mozilla crashes on every
time I get to a site with flash content with the following error:

Registering plugin 1 for: "application/futuresplash","FutureSplash
Player","spl"mozilla/mozilla/mozilla-bin: error in loading shared
libraries: /home/tester/mozilla/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so:
undefined symbol: XShmQueryExtension

this is I believe in /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6.3 which also has a
symlink, libXext.so.6 pointing to it.

What is different in environments that tells programs where to look for
symbols?  I won't ask the burning question of what the *&$%#* is a
symbol, that would show my incredible ignorance:)

As I attempt to track this down, I have noticed a difference in the
paths:

bad environment -
/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/jdk118/bin:/home/tester/bin

good environment

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/jdk118/bin:/home/bhughes/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/jdk118/bin:/home/bhughes/bin:/sbin

well at least mozilla works. I can't figure out several things about
this:
1. where are the duplicates coming from? I think I can figure that out
2. why are the /usr/bin and /bin reversed?
3. where is /opt/bin getting set ? I have looked in ~/.bashrc
~/bash_profile /etc/bashrc /etc/profile and all *.sh files in
/etc/profile.d

set |grep -i mozilla
MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/bin/netscape

is identical in both user's environment

I have a bootload of software installed my (good) environment that is
not in the tester's (bad)
are .* dirs looked through somewhere I am missing?
I give up.  HELP!

Bret