I am running both a modem (ppp0) and an ADSL connection (ppp1 through PPPoE).
 I am routing all my traffic via the ADSL and only have the modem service
still cause that's where my static IPs are routed to.

When the modem redials it sets the default route (and nameservers) and because
I have /etc/ppp/ip-up.local set up it runs my firewall IPChains ruleset.

How do I...

1) Stop the modem service from setting the default route and nameservers?
2) Make the ADSL set the default route and nameservers?
3) Auto-run the firewall IPChains ruleset on the ADSL startup as well?

--
Regards,