The original 7.0 wasn't 2.4 ready, despite what they said and RedHat knew
this once I pointed something out to them. PPP version 2.3 was included,
but kernel 2.4 requires ppp 2.4. They told me that the last they checked
it wasn't like that but I guess it had changed.

No matter what system you're gonna slap any kernel on.. always make sure
you have your system updated and patched before proceeding.

RH 6.2 works fine with kernel 2.4.

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, mjs wrote:

> I'm not sure what could go wrong but I've heard there is no problem,..as
> long as you read teh /Changes doc and upgrade the proper packages.....

-Statux