David Brett wrote:

> I am having problem getting xntpd to respond to requests.  I cannot find
> out what is wrong.  If I run rdate from another Linux box the response I
> get back is connection refused.  When my routers try and sychronize, they
> fail as well.  xntpd is sychronizing with a remote server.
>
> I could not see any configuration required for xntpd to respond to
> requests.  What have I missed?

I don't think that xntpd will respond to rdate requests.  It will for
sure respond to ntpdate requests if it is synced to a remote server or
atomic clock, or maybe even the fudge server if you have it set up.
Point being I don;t think it will respond if it does not think it's time
is correct (read synced).

I use ntpdate on my machines with great success.  It comes as part of
the xntp package> this is especially importatnt since xntpd willnot sync
the local time to a server that is too far off.  And iirc too far is not
very:)

HTH

Bret