On 02-Mar-2001 Darryl Harvey opined:
> I have access to a Compaq Armada 1500 which has Win98 installed, and
> was
> considering wiping WIn98 and putting Linux on it.
>

> It's Specs;
>
> Pentium 166
> 48Mb RAM
> Floppy,
> 2 Gb Hard Disk
> 10/100 ethernet/ V90 modem PCMCIA card (Xircom)
>

> Question is, Will Linux install (via FTP) easily on this beast, will I
> have
> nay problems with drivers /utilities here?
>
> I will be using it as a wrkstn, running X-windows...
>
> Any advice before I proceed is welcome,
> Darryl

Can't speak to the network card. I had a Compaq Armada 1130 or 1135 that
worked just fine (slower, less memory, smaller drive). That much should
work fine. I imagine the network card is too. But you might wanna check
the compatibility list first

--
Sometimes you have to stride boldly up to life,
look it straight in the eye, and say "huh?"