I have also tried that as well to no avail.  It almost seems to be the
program is wrong or something as the response is "Invalid Argument".  I
only start it as "quotaon -u /home".  This is what I am told to do.  It
almost seems as if the program is passing itself an argument (strange?) or
I am missing an argument (Not listed?).

Any programmers out there wish to comment on this?  Any other ideas on
what might be wrong with quotas?

Thanks

Kevin Wood

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Mike Burger wrote:

> Have you tried deleting the quota.user file, and trying again?
>
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Kevin Wood wrote:
>
> > I have this line in the system and it still gives me the error.  Any other
> > ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> > On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Mike Burger wrote:
> >
> > > Make sure that your fstab has a line like this that refers to /dev/sda8:
> > >
> > > /dev/sda8     /<mountpoint>        ext2    defaults,usrquota  1 2
> > >
> > > The "usrquota" is the important part there.  If you haven't included the
> > > usrquota parameter, you can't actually enforce user quotas on the file
> > > system in question.

Kevin Wood
Globespan, Inc.
1 Griffin Brook Drive
Suite 205
Methuen, MA  01844
978-837-3069 x 111

********************Legal Disclaimer****************************
"This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise
and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views
of GLOBESPAN, INC. or any of its subsidiaries."