some days ago, i asked :

>> I have an ibm thinkpad 390e running both nt and RH 6.1
>> I'm looking for an ethernet network pcmcia card which supports the
>> promiscuous mode, for i want to do network traffic analysis with tcpdump.
>> I'd like your advice on cards you know that are working fine for this
>> bonus for 10/100 cards

i got only one answer, from Bret (thanks Bret)

actually, after an intensive rtfm'ing over the net, i could diagnose that
the problem was certainly a driver problem. so i installed a rh 7.0 over my
rh 6.1. now tcpdump works fine.
btw i installed the very last release of etherreal, a free lan trafic
analyzer. i'ts great !

Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                FRANCE