On Thursday 15 March 2001 16:23, Dale Kosan wrote:
> Thanks for replying.Okay, someone said it supports the 2.0 beta, I
> have the preview version on my Redhat cd, do you think the switch
> desk will work with that version? Yes my wife and I have our own
> accounts.I have not tried installing it on my system, not after
> seeing my friends bomb.I believe he made the ..xinitrc file as root,
> so the permissions might be wrong.Any other thoughts before I fudge
> my system?

If your friend made his .xinitrc file as root, then he propbably needs
to "chown" it to his username.

To avoid "fudging" your system, make a backup copy of your .xinitrc
file before you edit it (good advice for any configuration files you
want to change).  That way, if it things don't work as you expect, you
can copy the old file back.

__
Larry Grover, PhD
Assoc Prof of Physiology