Hey all,

I've recently purchased an SBlive!. I wanted a card for voice input, heard that
SBLive!s were the best and found one on sale so a snatched it up.

Since I haven't had a sound card before, and am not really into music too much, I've
totally ignored all of the conversations about music on Linux. Thus I don't know
what-apps-are-the-coolest-today like most everyone else does :-) But now that I have
this snazzy sound card, I'd like to make some mp3s off of a CD track, but I have no
idea where to start. Can someone please recommend some apps and give me some basic
instructions?

If anyone has something to say about music players and sound editors, I'd like to hear
that too, but the mp3 making info is what I'm really after.

TIA

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Cedar Creek Software