John..

I did some more testing and I finally made a bootable CD iso disk.
I put the iso image in the proper directory and then selected 'write-tracks'
and once in there I added the iso image to the side of the screen that adds
data to the CD. Away it went and it worked!

Not sure what I did different (if anything) but now I have a bootable CD made
from a RedHat ISO file and it was made with XCDROAST.

Just thought I would mention that I finally had success.

On Saturday 24 March 2001 19:56, you wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Ted Gervais wrote:
> > I need a little help with xcdroast. I see there is no help file with it
> > so I have no where else to turn..
> >
> > Simply put - I burned a couple of iso images using xcdroast and they
> > won't boot.   And yet they are supposed to boot up just fine.  I finally
> > went to Windows98 (heavens!!) and ran their adaptec program and it made a
> > beautiful CD for me. It boots perfectly with no fuss or muss.
> >
> > Now - I am sure xcdroast can do the same but what is the trick in doing
> > this??
>
> All I can tell you is that it has worked for me. Did you
> make any changes to the default settings? If you have an
> actual ISO image, do NOT make any changes to the filesystem
> type (such as changing to/from Unix/RockRidge, etc) just
> burn it as-is. Should turn out fine.
>       John

Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Canada